Welcome to The Morrison's Holiday Self Catering Cottages
Norman and Hazel would like to wish our guests from around the world a very Happy Christmas and a Happy New Year
Telephone:(country code 44) 01764 662369 or 07718884428
Enjoy FREE WI FI in both cottages.
SPECIAL LATE OFFER AVAILABLE -
We have some LATE OFFERS STARTING FROM NOW. Please contact us for these offer prices.
FAMILY RUN COTTAGES IN AUCHTERARDER
Stay at Morrisons during the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow 2014 and also the Ryder Cup at Gleneagles 2014. Morrisons Holiday Homes are approx. 50 minutes by car or train to Glasgow and only one mile to Gleneagles.
RYDER CUP INFORMATION: We have one cottage available sleeping 4 people for the Ryder Cup which is NOW AVAILABLE TO BOOK. The cottage will be available for no less than one weeks rental and full payment will be required when booking. No refunds will be given so it is important that anyone booking arrange holiday cancellation insurance.
STOP PRESS It has just been announced that Perth & Kinross Council will be running a shuttle service direct from Auchterarder to Gleneagles (for ticket holders only and proof of accommodation). Pricing & timetables tbc. The Council are currently compiling figures from operators and negotiating with Ryder Cup Travel Services.
Tel: Country code if calling from outside the UK is 44
- 01764662369 or 07718884428
- We have been welcoming guests from around the world for 18 years. Our cottages were built in 1709.
Welcome to the Old Dairy Cottage self-catering holiday cottages situated in the Royal Burgh of Auchterarder in scenic Perthshire Scotland. This unique cottage accommodation dates back to 1709.
- The downstairs holiday cottage is the original cottage and has an ensuite bedroom with KING SIZE BED and a twin bedroom with two single beds. There is a bathroom in the hallway. It is totally self-contained with its own entry door.
- The upstairs holiday cottage comprises of part of the original Old Dairy Cottage (1709) but also has a large extension to the rear where the entry door is. (Upstairs also sleeps 4.. There is a KING SIZE BED in the double room and two single beds in the twin room. Click here to see the upstairs floor plan and here for the downstairs floor plan.
- The upstairs and downstairs holiday cottages can be made into one very large house and can sleep 8 - 10 included is a rollaway bed and child's cot. Both holiday cottages are very spacious, very well equipped,very comfortable and warm.
- Auchterarderis located in the Heart of Scotland and is perfect holiday location for touring and also has many golf course within 10 minutes drive.
Perthshire Edinburgh Glasgow Stirling and surrounding areas during 2014
The Battle of Bannockburn fought in 1314 celebrates its 700years in 2014. Bannockburn is a 20minute drive from Morrisons Holiday Homes.
Edinburgh Military Tattoo at Edinburgh Castle. 1st - 23rd August 2014. To hear the sound of the Pipes and Drums at Edinburgh Military Tattoo please click on the above heading. and click on Tattoo Experience. Edinburgh is only one hour by car or train from Morrisons Holiday Homes.
Edinburgh Fringe Festival - August 2014. The fringe festival is held in the vibrant, historic city of Edinburgh. It's the biggest arts festival in the world, with something for everyone: theatre, comedy, music, dance, exhibitions and much, much more. In fact, it's the number-one tourist attraction in the whole of Britain.
- Auchterarder Town The Community Partnership (ACP) was created from the Auchterarder Traders Association in 2012, with the aim of engaging the whole community to support the creation of a WEBSITE to promote Auchterarder and its Facilities for both the local community and visitors.
- Highland Adventure Safaris Aberfeldy. Award winning Adventure Safaris. Bring the great outdoors closer from our 4X4 landrovers on our Ecotours, wildlife-watching trips or exciting off-road driving experiences. Visit the website and read more about Gold Pannig days.
- Ryder Cup at Gleneagles - to be held in 2014. Gleneagles Hotel are proud to be the host of the 2014 Ryder Cup Championship at Gleneagles. Held over The PGA Centenary Course. Auchterarder are ready to welcome the world to this beautiful part of Perthshire in September 2014.
- Galloway Antiques Fairs click on website for venues of Galloway Antiques Fairs.
- Glamis Castle - childhood - childhood Online Casino home online casino sites of the late Queen Mother - apporx 45 minute drive from Morrisons Holiday Homes.
- Blair Drummond and Adventure Safari Park - near Stirling. A great day out for the family. Find out about the role the safari Park plays in the protection and conservation of endangered species.
- British Airways Flights. Book British Airways Flights and save on tickets on CheapOair, book today using CheapOair's exclusive travel coupon.
- Scottish Antiques Centre : A great place to visit - Visitor Centre in Perthshire (Abernyte) and Stirlingshire (Doune). Antiques, design led furniture, art, luxury food shop, Ruryk Fare and restaurant, Cafe Circa. Open 7 days, 10am - 5pm.
- Visit Loch Katrine in the Heart of the Trossachs. Approx 40 minutes from Morrisons Holiday Cottages
- The National Wallace Monument in Stirling - 15 to 20 minutes drive from Morrisons Holiday Homes. Standing tall and proud outside the city of Stirling, and overlooking the scene of Scotland's victory at The Battle of Stirling Bridge.
- Pitlochry Festival Theatre is a wonderful place to spend a summer evening. Click to see what is on.
- Britains Best Breaks -Dundee, Angus and Perthshire - see our area of Southern Perthshire - www.britainsbestbreaks.co.uk and click on Video link for Dundee Angus and Perthshire.
- St. Johnstone FC Fixtures - July2012 May 2013. - McDiarmid Park Perth. www.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk
- Perth Farmers Market held in King Edward Street Perth - please click for dates of markets.
- Pony Trekking on Exmoor Ponies in the Ochil Hills at Glendevon Perthshire and the Pentland Hills Edinburgh. Visit the website for more information. www.exmoorponytrekking.co.uk - More Events listed under Local Events heading.
- Scotland's Gardens Scheme in Perth and Kinross and Stirlingshire - Visit Scotland's Gardens Scheme to discover what gardens are well worth a visit.
- Stirling Albert Halls - Click here for a full programme of events.
- Perth Concert Hall Events - click to see programme.
- Many more events being held at Scone Palace please click for programme of events
- Perth Races at Scone Palace Click here for horse racing events at Scone Palace.
- Visit Glasgow is also a wonderful city to visit and is less than a one hour car or train journey from Morrisons Holiday Homes. clidk to read about what's on. Visit The New Transport Museum and many more Museeums in Glasgow most of which are FREE entry.
- Visit Edinburgh and make this a must when visiting Scotland Click to read about whats on - Edinburgh is less than a one hour car or train journey from Morrisons Holiday Homes.
- The National Museum of Scotland is now open and entry is FREE - Explore the diversity of the natural world, world cultures and design, science and technology and Scottish history all under one roof.
- Visit Historic Stirling - 20 minutes drive from Morrisons Holiday Homes. Stirling is one of Scotland’s oldest towns and its newest city.With a setting of mountains, rocky crags and the winding river Forth, Stirling is ‘the brooch which clasps together the Highlands and the Lowlands'. The city is the gateway to Loch Lomond and the Trossachs, Scotland’s first national park. ‘He who holds Stirling holds Scotland’ – advice that fired William Wallace and Robert the Bruce. Stirling was the battlefield of a young nation – experience the heritage today.
- Visit St. Andrews - The Home of Golf - Welcome to St Andrews Links, the Home of Golf, where the game has been nurtured and developed for 600 years. Journey time from Morrisons Holiday Homes approx 50minutes.
- Further information about Perth Concert Hall events go to www.horsecross.co.uk
- Highland Games events in Scotland for 2013. Please read all dates and locations of our Traditional Highland Games Events.
- Dundee Heritage Trust - Visit The Discovery Ship and Verdant Works in Dundee. Dundee Heritage Trust and its operating compnay Dundee Industrial Heritage Ltd are both registered charities fromed in 1985 to preserve and interpret Dundee's industrial past.
- Bannockburn Battlefield 1314 - 20 minutes drive from Morrisons Holiday Cottages - Here in 1314, in one of the defining moments in Scottish history, King Robert the Bruce routed the English forces of King Edward II to win a much-longed-for freedom for the Scots.
- Visit Edinburgh Zoo - Edinburgh Zoo is owned by The Royal Zoological Society of Scotland (RZSS). The Society was founded in March 1909, and the Zoo opened in July 1913. Set in 82 acres of sloping parkland, the Zoo is situated three miles to the west of Edinburgh city centre. Apart from getting close to over 1,000 rare and endangered animals, there are many different ways to enjoy your day out.